Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So you wanna know about me?

I don't know what possesses me when I start something like this, putting myself on the internet for the world to see. I guess it's that thing in all of us that wants to be known. Some days there are no words that come to my lips when I need them. Writing can take as long as the words need to come. Right now, I'm sitting on my couch in my dorm watching American Idol and hoping I don't lose my wireless connection. It always amazes me that so many people do not have honest friends in their lives that would keep them from embarrassing themselves on live television. The people who show up for American Idol baffle me. I pray that my friends are always honest with me. I live by a policy of speaking the truth in love. Sometimes, if it's not you then who will speak the honest truth to a friend? It shows how much you love a person if you are willing to temporarily injure their pride to save them from others or even themselves. "Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses."--Proverbs 27:6. Think about that. It's so true.

Friendship is something I take so seriously. My friends know that. They know that if they needed me at any time, day or night, they could just give me a call. And trust me, I've had my share of late night, early morning calls. I bend over backwards for my best friends, and they know where I stand with them. When I come back I'm gonna write more about friendship. My ideas. My friends...for now it's time for my favorite time of year...Towers All Hall Meeting...or not!