We had a fantastic time and wish I could have stayed longer. Then back to real life. Every semester I just get busier. The semester I graduate I may have to take a hiatus in a mental facility. School is one of my top priorities, but I sure wish it did not have to be. I have to remind myself it is a means to an end. So, I thought it was high time for an update on resolutions, seen as I haven't blogged in a month....a few posts shy of my hopeful 3 blogs a week. hehe.
I am very proud to anounce that this week I will be halfway through my sewing classes. I love them!! I have learned sew much :)! This week I will make a pillow case...an awesome one of course. Be excited for me. I have only wanted to do this my whole life.
My other resolutions have been on and off again. So many of them are daily and weekly things that I can conquer some days and some days not. I'm still dedicated to keeping as closely as I can to some. Others have just been a little out of reach for the way this semester/year is turning out. Three blogs a week? Not possible really. It was ambitious, and I hope to be better about writing once a week.
I will end with a random list of things going on in my life:
1. I have heard 3 references to Mr. Rogers this week.
2. Even wierder, I have heard 3 references to Star Trek in the past 3 days. Not elicited by me.
3. I made some awesome cupcakes for Valentine's Day, and you should be jealous if you didn't get one. I was still receiving compliments today.
4. My parents took me to Peter Pan @ the threesixty theatre this weekend, and it was one of the coolest experiences ever, never mind my undying love for Peter Pan.
5. I thought I was going to have a panic attack today, when I realized I was the only one in my class who has not had an interview for their internship starting this summer. I haven't even sent out my resume! I am in serious denial. (Note to self: This is a problem)
6. I spent about four hours collectively on a craft project (when I probably should have been working on my resume) that I want to show you soon.
7. I took a personality inventory for a class project and found out some very interesting things about myself, like I scored extremely high in fantasy. What this indicates is that I have a pretty wild and crazy imagination. It's part of my creative side. I make stuff up. I'm a day-dreamer with my head in the clouds. This in combination with a very low score on openness to ideas, measuring intellectual curiosity, makes total sense when I talk about my trip to Biltmore. I am not the girl who soaks in every detail of the house. I did not wear the headphones and listen to all of the historic details. In fact, I was the girl making fun of the slow-moving head phone wearers. I wanted to go not to learn but to imagine what life would be like to live in a house like that. When I was stuck in line behind the slow movers, I was making fun of the people in the old pictures, with their now outdated hairdos and ensembles. O mutton chops.
8. I am currently flipping between stressed to the max and not caring at all. Hoping that spring break will actually be a break and not what a professor of mine does to us on our class break. "On break, I'd like you to..." I could use at least 2 days in the low 80's to be outside all day, no books, no cares, just freedom and rest.
9. I have class all weekend, and midterms start Monday. Enough said.
I thought I'd go for ten, but I'm bored. So you probably are too. :) Have a wonderful week!