Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Counseling Week 3

These past three weeks have been unreal. I was driving home today and thought, "Did you just counsel someone? Are you sure?" I am actually doing this. And it is fitting. My greatest fear was that I would learn everything about counseling and then actually hate it. But I don't. It just feels right. (Halellujah! I haven't been wasting years of my life!)

I have the normal anxiety that anyone would have their first few weeks doing something new, but I have in no way been overcome by my anxiety. When I enter that room with my clients, a peace comes over me. Time slows down. Not painfully, but just enough to be able to think and pray and listen all at the same time. And I am not a multi-tasker!

My prayer daily is that the Holy Spirit would be able to work through me. This is His work, and I have known that since day one. I need your continued prayers and support in the weeks and years ahead to stay focused on Him and continue to grow as a person and in my relationship with the Lord. This is just the beginning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

I want to let you know I am from Singapore and I have been following your blog for some time. Keep the posts coming and hope to see more posts from you. Press on and may God lead you and bless you abundantly! Hope counselling has been fulfilling for you.

Carrie said...

Wow! Singapore! How amazing is the internet? Thanks for the words of encouragement, and I hope that you have found a place of encouragement here on my blog. :)