Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'm back!

Aaaaaa...I'm finally back and better than ever! ;) Over the next seven days I hope to have you caught up on all that has been going on in my life over the past year and then to write consistently from this moment on. That is my plan. Although, my plans have a way of getting changed by Someone with more authority than I have. Until then, here is today's big news and reason for my time to dedicate to blogging...

On Saturday, May 5, 2012, I, Carrie F. Lusk, graduated from Richmont Graduate University with a Master of Arts Degree in Professional Counseling!! Thank you Jesus that school is over! Internship is over! Studying, reading, writing, crying(j/k) is over! I am so happy! Since then I have watched 3 seasons of 30 Rock, which is one of the dumbest shows I have ever watched, and I love it. My brain loves it. I can feel my brain hugging me at this very moment. I have also gone to the beach and slept a lot and not gotten out of my pajamas til the afternoon. It's beautiful. Soon real life will start again, and I will be fully prepared. But today I will enjoy every moment at turtle pace.


A few things must be said about graduation. One is that my sister graduated on the same day from Charleston Southern University. Yay sissy! This means that my family had to figure out how to be in two places at once. As amazing as they are, until the invention of teleportation devices, they had a choice to make. I did not want them to have to make that choice, so I made it for them. All family was banned from my graduation.


My friends in Atlanta have been the best second family a girl could have, and I was glad to have my friends Melissa and Cameron as my stand in mom and dad. They were amazing and took my pictures and took me out to eat and bought me a cupcake carrier. Sweetness. Also, I loved being with my Richmont family which have come to mean so much to me. Everything was so special.


And even with the distance my parents were very much present and made my day very special. They sent me the most beautiful flower arrangement to Melissa's parents' home where I was staying for the weekend. They were so sneaky and used facebook and the white pages to find the number and address to send me the flowers, which were waiting for me upon my arrival to their home. I felt so loved.


And Melissa's parents were so amazing and hospitable! They are in the midst of remodeling their home and both having serious health maladies, yet they took me in no questions asked and prepared a beautiful room for me. They even had bought a gift for me. It was all so overwhelming.

Over the past few weeks the Lord has been proving His love for me and using other people to really bless me beyond belief! The Lord is a proud dad, and I feel as if I am being showered with blessings now that I have stayed the course and finished this work that He began in me over 3 years ago. A lesson learned in perseverance.

Until tomorrow,
Carrie

1 comment:

PCrooks said...

Welcome Back and congrats on your graduation. You are truly and remarkable woman...and we are so proud of you!