Friday, January 31, 2014

Radiant

As I said before, I spent last weekend at a women's conference in Florence called His Proposal. It was a wonderful renewing weekend for me, and I'm so glad I went. I cannot tell you how much I needed to hear what was spoken. One of the first things that reached its way down into my heart and set the tone for the rest of the weekend (I want to say it was Jennie who said it) was the story of Moses, after he had seen God on Mt. Sinai. When he came back down the mountain, his face was shining.


When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord.
Exodus 34:29 

She said there is no one as beautiful as one who has been with God. And I knew that I wanted that kind of beauty to be seen in me. I could strive to attain beauty by the world's standard. Or I could just be with Jesus, and He would make me beautiful. A hunger for more of the word of God and time with Him began to grow in me.

You see, when I was a senior in high school my youth pastor at the time, stopped and made a comment to me that I will never forget. He talked about how some guy was going to be lucky someday to have me and he would need to know that "there are some days that you just shine." And I knew it too. It was like the beauty of the Lord in me was at last confirmed by someone outside of me.

Since then I have always known that I wanted a man to see me shine, to recognize the beauty of the Lord in me, to see me as He sees me. A couple of months ago I was really thinking about how I wished to be seen me that way, and then our women's Bible study wrote encouragement notes to each other. Half the ladies wrote something about me shining or glowing or being radiant. It was like they knew! God did! I was beaming just reading their sweet notes. I am seen and known!

That statement that Jennie made was like handing me a key. So the more I am with the Lord, the more beautiful I will become? Yes! I desire that beauty! More on the Word tomorrow...

No comments: